Tuesday, January 8, 2019

Buggy Bites January 08, 2019

I'm not sure if a poem is ever finished. Yeah, first write is fast, incomplete, rewrites a necessity. And then your done . . . or so you think. You see types, lack of imagination in the word choices . . . you fix it . . . and then you see something else . . . a line that's clunky . . . more typos . . . fix all that and finally put it on the blog. And all the time knowing that you will probably rewrite it again. I don't know if my poetry is good or bad. Sometimes I just don't care. I just enjoy writing, and feel a strong compulsion to continue  writing whether or not it's worthwhile to do so.

Buggy Bites

I close my eyes the dark appears.
I open my mouth I hear
the flutter of raindrops against
the window's pain.

My shadow laughs, a silent laugh,
the laugh of those elderly ghosts
that still haunt me whenever I
try to dream or sleep.

I feel them tramp, tramp, tramping
around inside my head.

Once my nutshell was filled
with dreams, childhood,
a mother's touch, her lips
upon the forehead to test
for fever. Her whisper in my ear,
"Don't let the bedbugs bite."
She'd turn off the light
as she existed my bed room.

I always obeyed her. I never once
let those bedbugs bite me.
Woodie o1-o8-19

No comments:

Post a Comment

Birthday Poems May 23, 2019

So, it's MY birthday . . . TODAY! I have a bit of a b-day tradition. I write poems for my birthday, day. Some times they are very long ...